Hello. I'm Tamara!
Human Interest + Health Content Writer
What I Do
As a content writer specializing in all facets of health, I create and implement SEO-driven blog content plans to educate your client base and increase traffic to your website. If you have a plan in place, simply hand it over and I'll ensure you have consistent, fresh articles delivered on or before your deadline.
As a freelance journalist, my passion ignites when a human interest story intersects with health. Content information educates a reader, but stories move the heart to act.
My writing career grew from hobby blogging while straightening spines as a Pilates instructor in New York City. Sharing workouts and spilling meal planning tips online opened the door to my first gig - Pilates Style Magazine.
Since then, I've freelanced for the Center for Disease Control, WebMD, AARP, Huffington Post, Pilates Style Magazine (again!) and various health industry clients. Most recently, I plugged away in my local newsroom penning human interest stories while my six-month-old practiced tummy time beside me.
An avid learner, my education continued with a dual BA from Marymount Manhattan College (Dance + Communications). Further credentials include:
- English for Journalism - University of Pennsylvania, Coursera Certificate
- Plain Language Certificate - National Institute of Health. - Health Literacy for Public Health Officials - Center for Disease Control, Continuing Education
- Copy Cure - Copywriting Course, Marie Forleo
- Pilates Certification - Core Pilates NYC
- Mentor Program - BASI Pilates, Scholarship Recipient
- Holistic Health Coach - AFPA